Title: Landscape Laborer
Pay: $13.00 per hour
Shift: Ability to work M-F, or T-S
Green Scape Landscaping is a locally owned and operated company that values honesty and integrity in all aspects of business. We are seeking Landscape Laborers to join our team. The laborer will landscape or maintain grounds of property using hand or power tools or equipment.
Workers typically perform a variety of tasks, which may include any combination of the following: sod laying, mowing, trimming, planting, watering, fertilizing, digging, raking, sprinkler installation, and installation of mortarless segmental concrete masonry wall units.
- Gather and remove litter.
- Use hand tools, such as shovels, rakes, pruning saws, saws, hedge or brush trimmers, or axes.
- Operate vehicles or powered equipment, such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, chainsaws, electric clippers, sod cutters, or pruning saws.
- Water lawns, trees, or plants, using portable sprinkler systems, hoses, or watering cans.
- Prune or trim trees, shrubs, or hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides onto grass, shrubs, or trees, using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Care for established lawns by mulching, aerating, weeding, grubbing, removing thatch, or trimming or edging around flower beds, walks, or walls.
- Follow planned landscaping designs to determine where to lay sod, sow grass, or plant flowers or foliage.
- Trim or pick flowers and clean flower beds.
- Attach wires from planted trees to support stakes.
- Plant seeds, bulbs, foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, or shrubs and apply mulch for protection, using gardening tools.
- Mow or edge lawns, using power mowers or edgers.
- Rake, mulch, and compost leaves.
- Decorate gardens with stones or plants.
- Use irrigation methods to adjust the amount of water consumption and to prevent waste.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, fountains, planters, burial sites, or other grounds features.
- Shovel snow from walks, driveways, or parking lots and spread salt in those areas.
- Maintain irrigation systems, including winterizing the systems and starting them up in spring.
- Plan or cultivate lawns or gardens.
- Maintain or repair tools, equipment, or structures, such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, or benches, using hand or power tools.
- Care for artificial turf fields, periodically removing the turf and replacing cushioning pads or vacuuming and disinfecting the turf after use to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Install rock gardens, ponds, decks, drainage systems, irrigation systems, retaining walls, fences, planters, or playground equipment.
- Care for natural turf fields, making sure the underlying soil has the required composition to allow proper drainage and to support the grasses used on the fields.
- Advise customers on plant selection or care.
- Haul or spread topsoil or spread straw over seeded soil to hold soil in place.
We offer 1099 contracts for up to 6 months. After 6 months the subcontractor will be considered for full-time employment with Greenscape Landscape LLC. We offer our employees competitive pay that commensurate to experience and/or education with a benefit package. For consideration, please create an account and apply at www.employmentmarketplace.net or email to email@example.com.
- Some knowledge or experience of yard maintenance and using hand tools.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a timely manner and meet project deadlines.
- Good attention to detail.
- Reliable transportation
* *If offered a conditional job offer, you must be willing to submit to a background check and drug screen if required. **