The Landscape Foreman is responsible for installation and management of landscape and Greenscape projects. The foreman is responsible for completing landscape maintenance and installations with great precision and business minded efficiency. Work includes managing a small crew by prioritizing projects, assigning work tasks, using equipment, maintaining records, monitoring work quality and work schedules, ensuring crew safety, training employees, and providing performance feedback. The employee leads and participates in performing various landscaping and horticultural functions, building maintenance tasks, and equipment operation. Work subjects the employee to outside environmental conditions, extremes in temperatures, and hazards associated with equipment operation including fumes, oils, gases and mists.
- Direct activities on the job site, they include but are not limited to coordinating workflow, hands on work, and operating a variety of tools and machinery.
- Manage personnel effectively and efficiently.
- Drive crews and equipment to worksites.
- Communicating production goals with crew members and clients.
- Monitor all tools, equipment, and machinery for needed maintenance.
- Track and record all job expenses, including gas, materials and hours worked.
- Maintains a clean and safe job site at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Supervises and manages landscape crew.
- Ensure that all crew members arrive to the worksite.
- Ensures that all crew members utilize all required personal protective equipment
- Ensures that all installation work is performed in accordance with industry and company standards.
- Ensures that all equipment safely and maintenance procedures are followed.
- Interacts with clientele as needed in order to help ensure job satisfaction.
- Supervises all crew members during the performance of all assigned work.
- Leads by example.
- Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day.
- Follows directions from supervisor.
- Ensures that all safety rules and company safety policies are adhered to.
- Communicates well with all crew members, supervisor, and clientele.
- Strives to improve job skills and develop the potential for upward mobility.
- Monitors all tools equipment and machinery for needed maintenance.
- Track and record all job expenses and hours worked accurately.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Trains crew members the development in the best practices of landscaping and installation in company standards.
We offer 1099 contracts for up to 6 months. After 6 months the subcontractor will be considered for full-time employment with Greenscape Landscape LLC. We offer our employees competitive pay commensurate to experience and/or education with a benefit package. For consideration, please submit your resume
- 1+ years (3+ years preferred) experience
- Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions
- Valid drivers license with clean driving record past 3 years
- Proficient using hand tools, landscaping equipment and machinery or ability to learn. Some experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens, and trees; identification and cultural requirements preferred.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who is detail orientated
- Excellent attention to detail while working in a fun & fast paced environment
- Verbal & written communications skills
- Good time management skills; be available for an 8-hour shift. Tuesday through Saturday w/ some flexibility in scheduling.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Able to work effectively with individuals of differing knowledge and background (i.e. clientele, contractors, subcontractors, vendors, and other designers)
- Clean and professional appearance
- Punctual and dependable