FT Dental Assistants: EFDA/CDA/DA
The Dental Assistant’s primary responsibilities are to provide the patient with quality care and to provide the dentist with quality assistance on patient procedures. The EFDA has expanded job functions and certain certification requirements beyond the normal Dental Assistant job role. The EFDA greatly contributes to the overall success of the practice. However, we are also looking for CDAs and DAs.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered, which includes: competitive salary commensurate of your experience, Medical Insurance and 401K. Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a private, doctor owned group practice that has been serving our community for over 20 years. With happy, loyal, long-term doctors, staff, and patients. In joining our practice, your role would be as followed but not limited to:
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; excellent chair side manner.
- Assist the dentist with all dental procedures.
- Take directions from dentist.
- Anticipate dentist’s needs.
- Assisting dentist with patient oral evaluations.
- Take, develop and mount accurate and high quality x-rays.
- Various laboratory duties including efficiently making quality Provisionals.
- Display excellent communication skills.
- Maintain flow of dentist’s schedule.
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to maintain a smooth flow of patients throughout the day.
- Review patient chart prior to dentist arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe dentist notes in patient chart.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance.
- Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures.
- Partner with dentists, hygienists, and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the practice.
- Knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully.
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions.
- Clean and prepare operatory per company procedures prior to patient appointment.
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines.
- Assist staff in scheduling patients’ follow up visits.
- Follow up with labs to ensure quality and timely products.
- Track incoming and outgoing lab cases with staff
Assist hygienist(s) when requested.
- Monitor level of dental supplies and order.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Current radiography certification required.
- Current EFDA (Expanded Function Dental Assistant) certification.
- Certified and non-Certified Dental Assistants also welcomed to apply.
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact required.
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and proficiency with Dentrix and Dexis.
- Strong initiative
- Professionalism in all aspects of job.
- Good grooming and professional image.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and anticipation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs as required.
- Abilities to work Saturdays and some evenings (until 7pm) required.
- Safety procedures required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens.
- Potential extended period standing on feet.
Located in Reynoldsburg, OH
Job Type: Full-time
- EFDA: 1 year
- CDA: 1 year
- DA: 1 YEAR
You must sign in to apply for this position.